What to see, do, and eat
Find Your Piece of Heaven in Wimberley
Central Texas is home to the Texas Hill Country, a region that is distinctive for its natural beauty as defined by some rather “un-Texas-like” topography: breathtaking hills, winding roads, rugged terrain, creeks, and rivers. Beyond its physical beauty, the Texas Hill Country is home to a number of small towns, each with its own unique culture and character.
Located in the very heart of the Texas Hill Country, Wimberley, Texas (quite often misspelled Wimberly, Texas) offers a “Bit of Heaven” to over a million visitors yearly. Widely considered one of the coolest little towns in Texas, Wimberley is a charming, artsy and picturesque village located between San Antonio and Austin. With roughly 4000 residents, the village captures the absolute best of two worlds: the peace and renewal of nature alongside the unique attractions and neighborly warmth a smaller city offers.
Top 10 Things to See & Do in Wimberley – Guest Favorites
There are many things to see and do while visiting Wimberley. We encourage you to explore on your own, but we’ve compiled a few guest favorites to get you started.
- Swimming at Blue Hole – Blue Hole Regional Park includes miles of hike and bike trails, playscapes and event space as well as one of the jewels of the Texas Hill Country. Blue Hole is consistently voted one of the top 10 swimming holes in the state.
- Zipline across Devil’s Backbone – Wimberley Zipline offers an adrenaline packed way to experience the beauty of the Texas Hill Country.
- Shopping Market Days – Wimberley Market Days is one of the biggest trade days in Texas. Its hundreds of booths provide a mecca for shoppers the first Saturday of every month except January and February.
- The EmilyAnn Theatre and Gardens – Summer musicals, indoor plays as well as fall and summer outdoor Shakespeare productions are just part of the fun on the EmilyAnn’s calendar, which also includes a Trail of Lights, springtime Butterfly Festival, and gardens that are open every day of the year.
- Outdoor movies at the Corral Theater – great fun for all ages, the Corral Theater features first run movies every weekend from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
- Sampling locally produced wines – The Texas Hill Country is quickly becoming a world-class wine destination, and we are located close to some of the top wineries in the state.
- Strolling through historic Town Square – Located within a few blocks walking distance from the Hotel Flora and Fauna, The Wimberley Square is home to art galleries, Wimberley dining, and unique shops.
- Golfing at the Quicksand Golf Course – This 18-hole course is just a short drive away.
- Fresh Water fishing – Wimberley’s rivers and the regional lakes are home to bass, catfish, and sunfish along with several other fish varieties.
- Wimberley Glassworks – The world-class artisans at Wimberley Glassworks create stunning artwork. Glass-blowing demonstrations are held daily.
Top Restaurants in the Area – Guest Favorites
Wimberley and the surrounding area are home to many restaurants. Indoor and outdoor dining is available in most places, and the food and beverage choices are enough to satisfy a wide range of tastes. Vegetarian options are available in most Wimberley restaurants. We encourage you to check out the area restaurants and seek out places that appeal to you. Below is a short list of guest favorites:
- Cypress Creek Cafe
- San Angels Mexican Bar & Grill
- Marco’s Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria
- Leaning Pear Cafe & Eatery
- Ino’z Incorporated
- Milagro’s – Hill Country Tex Mex
- San Angel – local Mexican food
- Wimberley Cafe – Breakfast and lunch offered
- Mima’s Kitchen – Breakfast Tacos
- Kate’s Place – Delicious Homemade Food
- Linda’s Fine Food – Great Takeout and Delivery
- Salt Lick – Family Style, Texas BBQ in Driftwood
- Trattoria Lisina – by the Duchman Winery in Driftwood
- Brewster’s Pizza – retired NFL player serves it up with pizza and beer
What to See & Do: More Ideas
For more on what to see, do, and eat while in Wimberley, check out the latest TripAdvisor widget, then come and spend the night at Hotel Flora and Fauna.